Commercializing solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) technology is at the core of what we do at Adaptive Energy. And we’re always looking for ways to make our products even more effective for our customers.
In fact, every update is always done with our customers in mind, using feedback directly from the field as a vital part of the development process. With the latest generation of our Performer Series P250i Solid Oxide Fuel Cell system, we focused on adding features that you told us are essential in the field.
“Ensuring our customers always have access to the most robust and innovative power capabilities means always being able to innovate and adapt,” said Tom Westrich, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer of Adaptive Energy. “And these innovations always start with what we hear from our customers as their key needs or pain points.”
Here are the major updates you can expect:
Better Fuel Monitoring
- The new fuel throttling capability is key for extending stack life and ensuring no degradation to load, even at end-of-life.
- A fuel reset button has been added to track fuel levels, so refueling can be planned in advance. It’s also now easier for maintainers with no previous knowledge of the system to refuel.
- Table-top mounting with tool-free latches makes for an easy installation inside the enclosure.
- The housing has been updated to further simplify reassembly after maintenance or installation.
- The system has been designed to be backwards-compatible with older enclosures or cabinets.
Less Hardware to Maintain
- The data logger has been moved internal, so there’s one less device to maintain.
Better Remote Communications
- An ethernet access point has been added to enable remote logging via Telematics or TCP/IP protocols, so monitoring is an even easier experience.
More Durable Shipping Experience
- New bio-degradable packing materials have been designed to withstand heavy vibration and can be used to transport the system to other sites, providing extra assurance that your system will arrive to the site in pristine condition