Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
40-hour work week on premises
Overtime as approved.
About the position:
The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the accounting department. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. They are in charge of making payments owed by the company to suppliers and other creditors, paying vendor invoices or bills, receiving and reviewing invoices for accuracy, paying suppliers, and recording the company’s short-term debts.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Comparing reports to balances and verifying entries
• Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze and interpret financial data
• Receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
• Full cycle accounts payable invoice processing:
o Process vendor invoices timely and accurately
o Perform 3 way matching, batching and coding of invoices
o Prepare weekly check runs
• Review and process employee expense reports and ensure compliance with companies travel and expense policies
• Maintain accounts payable subledger and research and resolve any discrepancies
• Prepare annual 1099 reporting
• Prepare month end reconciliations which include credit card accruals, expense report accruals and accounts payable accruals
• Control petty cash spending
• Reconcile and post monthly credit card activity
• Audits payments and expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statement
• Ensures confidentially of the accounting departments information
• Accurate data entry skills
• U.S. Citizenship
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Quickbooks and related accounting software
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or related.
• At least 2 years’ experience as an accounts payable specialist, or similar.
• In-depth knowledge of accounts payable principles, accounting standards, and industry regulations standards.
• Extensive experience in account reconciliation.
• Attention to detail.
• Great time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
• Additional hours may be required to support department due dates
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and in compliance with Federal and State Laws).
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.