Work Location: Bend, Oregon
Full-Time Exempt Position
50%+ Travel Annual Domestic and Overseas (Passport updated)
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Flight Operations will have full responsibility for company’s unmanned aircraft operations at its USA and Europe locations including maintenance department, training department and flight department in accordance with regulatory and contractual performance requirements. Candidate is expected to support the company’s strong growth with clear vision and planning for the flight operations department. The company continues to rapidly expand and this position requires a professional leader, excellent team-builder and mentor capable of developing a strategic vision and executing. You will be tasked with maintaining team members, hiring team members, and developing the team and its policies and procedures. Previous experience in aviation management role is a required prerequisite.
Primary Responsibilities, but not limited to,
• Leading Flight Division through a rapid growth phase
• Creating strategic vision for department and translate this into operational plans for sub-departments
• Attract, develop and retain the best talent possible within the function
• Provide an effective support leadership interface with the Program Managers and other program and shared resources and personnel to achieve program objectives
• Meeting all civil aviation requirements, communication and documentation
• Developing and optimizing processes and procedures inside flight operations division
• Organize and integrate new departments into the division structure
• Creating transparency and KPIs in all flight operations departments
• Managing operational plans for all department activities: flight missions, test missions, demo missions, missions abroad, customer trainings, aircraft maintenance and repair, aircraft modifications
• Scale up the operations in response to company’s business needs
• Prepare and deliver operational presentations to company and customer personnel
• Responsible for creating and maintaining departmental budgets
• Maintaining strong link with company departments such as engineering departments, manufacture department, business development and sales departments.
• The candidate will demonstrate a highly successful track record in a world-class aviation company
• 10 to 15 years of aviation operations management experience
• Meets minimum FAA ATP requirements
• FAA Designated Engineering Representative and CFI Certificate
• Demonstrated experience in flight test operations
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Aviation
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Experience with the procurement, maintenance, scheduling and support of both operational personnel and flight assets
• Experience leading large groups of personnel with complex operational objectives
• Understanding of Quality Management Systems
• Significant Profit & Loss understanding and experience
• Understanding of UAS
• Understanding of Flight Behavior and Aircraft Performance
• Strong sense of ownership and drive in digging into complex problems
• U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
• U.S Citizenship
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Conditional Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security classification.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Medical, including Vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home. Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.