Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
40-hour work week on premises
Salary Range: $75 – $110k Annual
About the position:
This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. Your Mission — execute strategic initiatives that align with the overall Business Plan and the Supply Chain goals and objectives. You are accountable for reviewing, vetting and generating documents to support complex objectives, future purchases, including requests for quotes, bids, proposals, complex one-time orders, and complex multi-term orders in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Identify and develop suppliers that can meet technical, cost and affordability objectives. Review suppliers’ capability, capacity, and overall financial standing. Apply standard Aerospace & Defense purchasing / procurement methodology to spend categories to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise, and achievement of target return on investments (ROI). Works very closely with internal customers to: identify sourcing needs; conduct buy/market profiles; define acceptable service levels. Develops sourcing strategies; solicits / analyzes request for proposals; negotiates contracts and coordinates supplier integration plan with internal customers. Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal customer needs.
Manage a team of supply chain professionals and oversee all aspects of Supply Chain for the Organizational Unit, delivering status reports, acts with a sense of urgency in response to crucial requirements, applying supply chain knowledge and experience to successfully navigate high paced and high-level expectations.
Required Qualifications Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree AND 12 – 15 years of related experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management and/or Program/Project/Business Management, OR, a Master’s degree AND 7 – 10 years of experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management and/or Program/Project/Business Management (Prefer – A&D industry experience)
• An established track record of procuring complex systems and assemblies
• Ability to establish long-term agreements, teaming agreements, blanket agreements, vendor managed inventory (VMI), and negotiate favorable terms and conditions
• Ability to interpret engineering, production and quality requirements and establish Statements of Work, and or Sub-contracts
• Proven experience using MS Office Suite and various MRP/ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365)
• Lead & support CostPoint enhancements & testing of new software (e.g. Supplier Portal, Content Management, DFAR Flowdown, etc)
• Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
• Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ with the potential of leading professionals to achieve projects cost, performance, and schedule requirements
• Advanced knowledge of supply chain management techniques, practices or theories gained through wide seasoning and/or special development.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external customers.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Demonstrated experience in supply chain management on a major program.
• Experience in executing supplier agreements (ie: LTA’s, T&C’s, VMI, etc).
• Master’s Degree in a Business or Technical field.
• Demonstrated experience in interfacing seamlessly with functional teams, customers, and major subcontract parts in an IPT structure.
• Experience with make or buy strategies and transfers of work.
• Strong familiarity with aerospace & defense requirements and the supporting.
· US Citizen required, per ITAR requirement.
• This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR. According to their definition, a “US person” is a US citizen, US lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. In addition, some positions will require current US Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Medical, vision, and dental insurance
• Matching 401k
• Paid PTO
• Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Therefore, edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting and standing for extended lengths of time—frequent and prolonged periods looking at a computer screen. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for Covid and infectious diseases includes a facial mask and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.