Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
40-hour work week on premises
Salary: $17 – $25 per hour
About the position: This position is responsible for properly receiving incoming inventory, timely staging and timely shipping outgoing orders while adhering to safety procedures and providing accuracy.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Receive incoming shipments. Pull original order(s), match order to incoming shipment and move the products to inventory.
- Audit Bill of Lading and Packing Slips to ensure all items received are complete. Report Damage Items by filing claims with the 3rd party logistics vendors and work discrepancies with the purchasing group
- Assist Cycle Counts to ensure inventory accuracy and research discrepancies
- Match all original requests, orders, received or shipped products, track late orders with follow-up and documentation, move material to inventory control area, return damaged or incorrect products, documents all process on company computers for record retention, communicate with management on any concerns.
- Send RFQ’s for outbound shipments, prepare Bill of Lading, create shipping documentation and prepare packages for pick up
- Support kit picking activities and part request to ensure production flow
- Place purchasing requests for materials with low quantities in the bins
- Deliver materials to different production areas
- Create bin locations in the warehouse as needed
- Use Forklift as needed to move pallets and other materials as necessary around the factory
- Update cost, Classification and counts in the Inventory system. Assist in setting re-order points
• U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
• U.S. Persons – I-9 Requirements
• Standing for 2 consistent hours at a time, up to 8 hours in a day and overtime is approved
• *Experienced ForkLift and currently certified for at least 1 year
• Experience with Hazmat, Import/Export shipping laws, OSHA, lifting materials, handling sensitive incoming/outgoing materials
• Familiarity with Personal Protective Equipment
• The ability to follow verbal and written procedures, good communication skills
• Ensure quality, attention to detail, safety and organization skills within the warehouse
• Able to work cooperatively on a team
If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
Premium Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and in compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing. Frequent periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.