Work Location: Herndon, VA
Full Time in Person Exempt Position
*This job must have defense background.*
The Senior Director of Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications drives brand performance and share by capitalizing on market opportunities (i.e., product portfolio strategy, innovation, and renovation) rooted in fact-based analysis and customer insight. In this role, you’ll be responsible for execution of projects related to the brand’s strategy and innovation & renovation plans in collaboration with sales, channel partners, operations, product development and finance on various generating demand initiatives. The company is seeking a well-rounded, experienced communications leader, able to drive continuous improvement in audience planning, content strategy, brand and communications, sales enablement, demand generation, with a strong analytical and strategic skills that will enable success in this role. This leader will be responsible for creating a multi-channel, integrated communications strategy that drives our corporate brand.
- Management of the company corporate communications and brand strategy.
- Responsible for delivering a compelling messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences to support our global marketing efforts
- Lead our internal and external communications activities such as public/media relations, reputation management, crisis communications, and more.
- Manage end to end brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key customer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant strategy and innovation activities.
- Leverage data, trends and support from the leadership team and Market Research to help build a robust and actionable marketing plan to address knowledge gaps in customer, brand, product, business and marketplace learnings.
- Develop strategic brand marketing initiatives aligned with our global business goals.
- Lead the creation of demonstration videos of products to highlight discriminators from competitors, as well as design and refine company product datasheets that are delivered to customers
- Responsible for developing marketing plans and objectives that meet or exceed revenue expectations and support customer engagement activities
- Lead, organize, and coordinate Edge Autonomy activities at select trade shows, demonstrations, industry conferences, and community and company events
- Lead the development, refinement, and evolution of company website to fully articulate Edge Autonomy profile, products and capabilities while optimizing user experience and brand awareness
- Help craft and support the PR and marketing strategies in key markets including climate, environment, technology, health and more
- Identify marketing initiatives to include social media and print that will advance the name of the company and product portfolio among targeted customers and growth opportunities
- Work with our global team which includes offices in Eastern Europe, California, Virginia, and Oregon, to execute a comprehensive marketing and corporate communications strategy
- In conjunction with the global engineering and product team post changes to the company website as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in an area with at least 8-10 years of progressive association experience and/or managing the marketing function OR a master’s degree in Business, Marketing, MBA or related field and 5+ years of related work experience is required
- At least 3-5 years in a management capacity
- Proven experience in the defense industry
- Experience leveraging trends and formal data to generate insights to understand customer behavior and government acquisition strategy
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to drive cross-functional teams to deliver on collective brand goals
- Basic financial acumen and the understanding of calculating risk/return on business decisions
- Experience posting content on social media sites; Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Experience in unmanned systems technology is preferred
- Experience in the defense industry and government contracting environment is preferred
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns or commercialization strategies is preferred
- Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies is preferred
- Domestic and international travel is required and could exceed 25%. Passport required.
- This position is located out of our Herndon VA, office. A Hybrid work model arrangement will be considered for this position.
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may have to comply with NOFORN security classification.
- This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes, close vision, distant vision, computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for infectious diseases include facial mask, protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.