Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Exempt Position
Salary Range: $105k-$153k Annually
Edge Autonomy is seeking an experienced Aeronautical Engineer to help develop new UAV systems as well as improve and support our existing ones.
- Own the development of new UAV system components from concept through production
- Support existing product line through performance analysis, documentation improvements, and testing
- Create CAD models for new and existing products
- Create documentation packages (drawings, procedures, specifications, etc) for new and existing products
- Observe and assist engineering and production teams in resolving issues
- Communicate challenges with leadership
- B.S. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years experience designing complex mechanical assemblies for UAVs or in a closely related field
- Experience with composite part design
- Experience creating 3D CAD models including surface modeling techniques
- Experience creating production quality engineering drawings of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Experience with part dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong people and communication skills, willing to work with others
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Outlook)
- Able to work cooperatively on a team
- At least 8 years experience designing complex mechanical assemblies for UAVs or in a closely related field
- Expert level Solidworks skills
- Familiarity with Solidworks PDM
- Experience with aircraft design, performance analysis, and/or construction
- Radio control or other piloting experience a plus
- GD&T experience
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in manufacturing or engineering environment.
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and may need to have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may have to comply with NOFORN security classification.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed on a manufacturing floor. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to chemicals, dust, and dirt. There will be sitting and standing for extended lengths of time. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate manufacturing equipment, and build assemblies. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for infectious diseases includes a facial mask, respirator, safety glasses, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA and FEHA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.