Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
*Must have full knowledge and background in Hazmat, Export Compliance and Shipping laws*
About the position: This position is responsible for properly receiving incoming inventory, timely staging and timely shipping outgoing orders while adhering to safety procedures and providing accuracy.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Receive incoming shipments. Pull original order(s), match order to incoming shipment and move the products to inventory.
- Complete RFQ to audit all items received back transportation needs. Audit Bill of Lading to ensure all items received are complete and not damages or incorrect.
- Review full cycle accounts in inventory staging area that align all processing counts.
- Match all original requests, orders, received or shipped products, track late orders with follow-up and documentation, move material to inventory control area, return damaged or incorrect products, documents all process on company computers for record retention, communicate with management on any concerns.
Detail of Duties:
- Accurately receive or send products and record to ensure Warehouse, Planning, Manufacturing, and customer requirements are met
- Must have full knowledge of Hazmat, Export Compliance and Shipping laws
- Audit pulled Work Orders for accuracy on a daily basis
- Count and store returned or incorrect material received
- Review all orders for special requests and shipping information
- Pack products in containers for storage or shipment. Unpack containers for inventory receiving
- Log into the Power BI Inventory Management tool the inventory pulled and adjust inventory accordingly should a variance occur
- Move material with use of carts, hand trucks, pallet jacks and forklift; backfill material shortages for departmental needs
- Perform cycle count on inventory and resolve count variances on a weekly basis
- Maintain data and records related to shipping and receiving activities
- Daily scanning, counting, logging and inspecting of all goods entering warehouse in accordance with Edge business practices
- Marking and identifying tags for goods received
- Assembling all incoming PO specifications and create forecasts with inventory control coordinator rack requirements and locations for incoming goods
- Coordinating with QA on all outgoing and incoming shipments quality status
- Daily palletizing, inspecting and staging of orders shipped from IDL in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure
- Reconciling all discrepancies on goods received and reporting discrepancies to management when needed
- Daily retrieving and storing stock as scheduled via equipment or if applicable manually
- Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals
- U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
- U.S. Persons – I-9 Requirements
- Standing for 2 consistent hours at a time
- **Forklift certification – if no certification then company will provide this training.
- Familiarity with Personal Protective Equipment
- The ability to follow verbal and written procedures, good communication skills
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and listen to others
- Keeps quality in mind, attention to detail
- Able to work cooperatively on a team
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security classification.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and in compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home. Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing. Frequent periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.