Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
40-hour work week on premises
About the position:
Edge Autonomy of San Luis Obispo is seeking a Quality Inspector to join our team. The Quality Inspector should have experience with aircraft and drones and to work with the team to ensure an outstanding final product.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Perform inspections (in-process and final) on structural and carbon fiber composites components and subassemblies (mechanical, electrical)
• Document production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required
• Communicate and help resolve quality-related issues
• Process non-conforming product
• Perform receiving and/or final inspection to assure product compliance with quality assurance standards and applicable specifications
• Read and interpret released drawings, engineering change orders, assembly, and inspection instructions
• When directed perform audits of specific areas, processes, and procedures
• Use standard electrical and mechanical inspection tools such as microscopes, calipers, mechanical gauges, and other measuring devices
• Maintain records of rejected/accepted material, maintain databases for analysis of non-conformities
• Familiarity with calibration processes and documentation
• Knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, and processes
• Knowledge of inspection techniques (non-destructive, electronics, mechanical)
• Knowledge of proper operation, use and handling of calibrated measurement equipment
• Knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) programs
• Knowledge of GSE systems and generally associated equipment
• Strong knowledge and experience in understanding engineering drawings
• U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
• If an Offer Of Employment is extended, a Background Check is required, and the Offer Of Employment is contingent on the results.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN Security Classification.
What we Offer:
At Edge Autonomy we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, paid sick time.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases):
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home. Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, walking, bending and standing for up to 8 hours a day. The vision requirement includes, close vision, distant vision, computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for.