FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Exempt Position, On Premises
About the position:
The Quality Engineer II is an experienced level position requiring a minimum of 3 years in one or more of the following areas: Configuration Management, Supplier Management, Audits, Inspection techniques (non-destructive, electronics, mechanical), or Manufacturing processes. Responsibilities include, designing quality standards, inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions.
*These qualifications are requirements to be considered for this position.
• Degree in Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
• ASQ certification preferred.
• Basic knowledge and experience in aerospace standards AS9100, ISO-9001, and its general practices.
• Developing and implementing new or revised quality and control standards.
• Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
• Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
• Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
• Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
• Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
• Familiarity with calibration processes and documentation.
Additional Skills, but not a requirement for this position:
• J-STD-001, IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-610 certifications.
• Working knowledge of ESD requirements and practices.
• Electrical and electronic inspection processes.
• Working knowledge of GSE systems and general associated equipment.
• U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
• If an Offer Of Employment is extended, a Background Check is required, and the Offer Of Employment is contingent on the results.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN Security Classification.
What we Offer:
At Edge Autonomy we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, paid sick time.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases):
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home. Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, walking, bending and standing for up to 8 hours a day. The vision requirement includes, close vision, distant vision, computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for.