Work Location: Open to Location to any of the following offices, and required to travel: Bend, OR/San Luis Obispo, CA/Herndon, VA
Full-Time, Exempt Position
Edge Autonomy is seeking a Proposal Manager who possesses knowledge and experience in leading, managing, and delivering compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer agreed-upon timeframes in support of commercial and defense customers. The Proposal Manager will provide leadership and support on a variety of business development assignments, ranging from highly strategic proposals to smaller proposals and qualification statements. This individual will lead and manage all company whitepapers, requests for information (RFI), and requests for proposal (RFP) responses to support company growth. As a Proposal Manager, you’ll coordinate and provide direction to graphic designers, publishing technicians, editors, reprographics specialists, and other support staff, independently coordinate with and collect information from teaming partners and sub-consultants.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Manage the proposal team to the schedule, issue data calls, organize and prepare for the reviews, track version control, run daily meetings, and get the proposal ready for submission. Supervise, lead, and manage all proposal-related response activities through all phases to ensure the delivery of a professional and compliant response to win contracts.
• Works with Growth and Account staff to define & incorporate win strategies, themes, and discriminators.
• Ensure proposals are properly scoped, evaluate assumptions, identify risks, evaluate cost, and ensure responses meet requirements.
• Develop and execute efforts to enhance standard proposal libraries in support of organization-wide proposal development tools and template.
• Collaborate with marketing, operations, business development, and other departments (e.g., subcontracts, pricing, contracts, etc.) to review information and assess the most efficient and effective plan.
• Drive teams through all stages of proposal development including BOE and BOM activities, pricing, and submissions.
• Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., AMU’s, Initial Draft, Red Team) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance and increase proposal success.
• Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission.
• Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines.
• Responsible for review of proposals for compliance with Government regulations and company best practices.
• Reviewing, dissecting, and managing incoming customer / client solicitations (e.g., requests for proposals, white papers, rough orders of magnitude, statements of capabilities, etc.).
• Planning and coordinating efforts associated with responding to customer solicitations including proposals, from pre-solicitation to response submission (e.g., Q&As, questionnaires, etc.).
• Ability to deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer agreed upon timeframes.
• Develop bid budgets and manage efforts within those estimates.
• Driving subject matter experts to produce winning content.
• Bachelor’s degree in an area with at least 6 – 8 years of proven experience in proposal management, including cradle to grave proposal leadership for both government and commercial client contracts OR a Master’s degree in related field with 4 years of related work experience as highlighted above.
• Knowledge and experience in capture and proposal processes (e.g., the Shipley Business Development Lifecycle) Strong time management skills.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR).
• Experience with database and collaboration software, such as SharePoint, MS Project, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to operate in a demanding executive level environment.
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate at the executive level to provide program reviews and deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, escalations, as needed.
• Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to illustrate a clear understanding of RFPs/SOOs/SOWs.
• Demonstrated experience in the commercial and Government aerospace industry.
• Experience in unmanned systems technology is preferred.
• Direct supervisory experience of a team of 3 or more is preferred.
• U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security classification.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases):
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated by applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing employees with a safe and healthy workplace. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will remain proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here represent those that the candidate must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting and standing. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Use copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices – carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as for Covid and infectious diseases, includes a facial mask and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.