Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Exempt Position
Salary Range: $130k – 165k Annually
The Program Manager is responsible for cost, schedule, and performance of engineering projects and is the main point of contact for our customers, briefing them regularly on project schedule/delivery status, aftermarket repairs status, and active Air Worthiness notifications. The ideal candidate will display strong leadership, communication, and relationship management skills coupled with a Technical Project Management background in the UAV space.
- Lead and direct cross-functional engineering teams during proposal, design, manufacturing, and delivery phases of products in development and production phases
- Transition designs to manufacturing, working with the technical team to identify ways to streamline manufacturing and assembly processes, achieving required delivery rates and reduced cost targets
- Brief internal and external customers and leadership on progress of work assigned
- Serve as point of contact for customer field issues and coordinate engineering responses including Air Worthiness Directives, field repairs, troubleshooting
- Lead failure root cause analysis and corrective actions as needed
- Track and report on program performance metrics including schedule performance
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules
- Track and manage issues/risks by working with internal and outside team members and stakeholders to determine mitigation and containment
- Oversee CCB and ECO activities across engineering and manufacturing groups
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical discipline
- 1 – 3+ years of Program or Project Management experience or similar (e.g. Lead IPT (Integrated Product Team), or Lead NPT (New Product Team) or Systems Engineering lead)
- Experience in design for manufacturing and transition to production programs
- Gated design development experience (PDR, CDR)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven analytical, technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense for self-direction with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Master’s degree in engineering or technical discipline
- Experience in Defense and Aerospace, preferably in the UAV market
- Earned Value Management experience
- Strong customer support experience
- PMP certified
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and may need to have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may have to comply with NOFORN security classification.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Therefore, edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed on a manufacturing floor. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to chemicals, dust, and dirt. There will be sitting and standing for extended lengths of time. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate manufacturing equipment, and build assemblies. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for infectious diseases includes a facial mask, respirator, safety glasses, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA and FEHA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.