Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
40-hour work week on premises
Full Time Exempt Position
Salary Range: $46K to $76K Annually
About the Position
Procurement specialists are responsible for the day to day purchasing activity of the company based on production orders. They are responsible for working with supply chain management to communicate shortages, delays, and component obsolescence. The specialist is expected to utilize cost comparison tools, communicate and negotiate with vendors, and improve the purchasing process as time permits.
- Purchase materials and supplies to meet company objectives
- Prioritize purchasing based on lead time, prioritize expedited assembly/build to meet schedule
- Review engineering/costed BOMs to ensure the purchasing information is up to date
- Purchase shop supplies needed per department on a weekly basis
- Work with engineering and production for purchasing/productionizing prototype BOMs
- Communicate with management as shorts, delays, or component obsolescence surface
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure compliance for billing and taxation
- I9 documentation at hire
- 5 years’ experience in the related area of Military and Aircraft
- Experience with MS office, ERP system, QuickBooks
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities
- Ability to take initiative and think proactively
- Able to problem solve and communicate with Management
- Good organization and time management skills
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may comply with NOFORN security classification.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR. According to their definition, a “US person” is a US citizen, US lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. In addition, some positions will require current US Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Therefore, edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed on a manufacturing floor. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to chemicals, dust, and dirt. There will be sitting and standing for extended lengths of time. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate manufacturing equipment, and build assemblies. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for infectious diseases includes a facial mask, respirator, safety glasses, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA and FEHA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.