Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Exempt Position
About the position:
A Lean Engineer works to bridge the engineering and production teams, helping transition components, projects, and testing from ideation to manufacturing. Lean Engineers work to develop, evaluate, and improve production processes considering engineering requirements, costing, materials, efficiency, and design constraints.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Develop, execute, and drive a strategy for the continuous improvement of production systems and standards, capacity, efficiency, productivity, operational processes, cost reduction and overall manufacturing performance
• Lead continuous improvement efforts through a Kaizen approach liaising with engineering to develop plans that improve production while reduce costs and labor.
• In conjunction with the site managers, roll out the consolidated medium to long term implementation timetable for continuous improvement and be accountable for maintaining and reporting the progress
• Support the site managers in performing a detailed gap analysis across site processes, performance, and operational plans
• Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to technicians and engineering team members
• Establish safety procedures and protocols that prioritize the wellbeing of others.
• Observe and assist engineering and production teams in resolving issues
• Communicating challenges with leadership
• U.S. Citizenship
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field
• Experience using Kaizen (continuous improvement), A3 (problem solving), Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques for process improvement.
• Strong people and communication skills, willing to work with others
• Ability to draft, read, and interpret technical drawings
• Track record of driving standardization, simplification & continuous improvement across key business processes
• Project management skills Strong project management skills and ability to lead complex projects to positive results
• Experience using Microsoft Office 365 products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Outlook)
• Facial Respirator as needed
• Familiarity with Personal Protective Equipment
• Keeps quality in mind, attention to detail
• Able to work cooperatively on a team
• Proven leadership and mentoring skills
• Preparing and presenting technical presentations to leadership
• Knowledge with composite structures and processes (prepreg hand layup, wet hand layup, finishing, trimming, tooling)
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Ability to perform data analytics and visualization (PowerBI).
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and in compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.