Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
40-hour work week on Premises
Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals
About the position:
We are seeking an onsite IT Technician who will support local and remote customers in a rapidly growing IT and manufacturing environment.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Work experience in providing IT help desk support
• 3 – 10 years of experience as IT Technician or similar role
• Experienced working in Microsoft enterprise environments (Windows workstations/servers Microsoft 365)
• Hands on experience with diverse PC computer systems and networking technologies (eg. Wi-Fi, VLAN, VPN, VOIP, 802.1x, etc.)
• Ability to get Comptia Security+ certificate within 6 months of starting position
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Customer service orientation
• Familiarity with Personal Protective Equipment
• Keeps quality in mind, attention to detail
• Able to work cooperatively on a team
Duties include the following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
• Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
• Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
• Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
• Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of tickets
• Identify procedure modifications or improvements and implement
• Grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services
• Managing technical documentation
• Work with and coordinate IT vendors
• Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals
U.S. Citizen required, per ITAR definition
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Preferred Hiring Requirements/Qualifications:
Experience working in DOD IT environments.
• U.S. Citizen
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the
Conditional Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security
Edge Autonomy Benefits:
• Medical, including Vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time
Edge (Adaptive Energy) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and in compliance with Federal and State Laws).
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join our company. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities.
Edge (Adaptive Energy) supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Carrying up to 45 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.