Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Exempt Position
40-hour work week on premises
$80,000 – $105,000
About the position:
The Human Resources Generalist III serves as administrator for several critical human resources functions and workforce management, including recruiting, employee/labor relations, health and safety, compensation, benefits, training, diversity, employee engagement, leave and attendance tracking, payroll, and employee records. Facilitates and communicates organizational policies and programs and ensures labor law and regulatory compliance. Provides internal support and partnership to business lines to deliver required human resources. May evaluate, select, and oversee vendors that provide supplemental HR processes and services. Coordinates with HR support staff to process and maintain employment, attendance, and other records including position supports the Human Resources Manager in the daily processes at Edge Autonomy. The ideal candidate would be competent in handling different human resources responsibilities and have sufficient professional experience along with strong communication abilities, compassion, and confidentiality. Work is both independent and collaborative in nature in a fast-paced environment.
Duties Include: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Support HR functions and workforce management
• Coordinate onboarding, orientation, and training sessions for new employees
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance and Federal and California employment and labor laws
• Support of Internal Policies and Procedures for Edge Autonomy
• Auditing benefits bills and HR invoices
• Employee relations and communications
• Create and maintain employee personal records and files in the company database
• Assist with recruiting needs
• Track incoming resumes via the Resume Tracking System and EEO requirements
• Employment Authorization
• Supports employee and company safety requirements
• Management of Leave of Absences
• Utilize programs such as Adobe, Microsoft Word, Office, and Outlook, to create and maintain company documents
• Assist with government reporting
• Other duties as assigned
• U.S. Persons – I-9 Requirements
• Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems
• Proven experience as a Human Resources Generalist
• Written and Communication skills mandatory
• Comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, Word, and Outlook
• Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe programs
• Comprehensive organizational and time management skills
• A related bachelor’s degree and field experience of 4-7 years
• Or related industry and field experience of 8+ years
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
• This is an hourly position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours, on Premises. Additional hours may be required for overtime is projects require.
• Leaves of Absence/Disability/EDD incoming documents
• FMLA/CFRA/PFL Knowledge
• Experience with ATS systems is preferred
· US Citizen required, per ITAR requirement.
• This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR. According to their definition, a “US person” is a US citizen, US lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. In addition, some positions will require current US Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Medical, vision, and dental insurance
• Matching 401k
• Paid PTO
• Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Therefore, edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting and standing for extended lengths of time—frequent and prolonged periods looking at a computer screen. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for Covid and infectious diseases includes a facial mask and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.