Work Location: San Luis Obispo CA, Bend OR, Herndon VA, Ann Arbor MI
About the Position:
Edge Autonomy of San Luis Obispo is seeking an embedded software engineer to join our engineering group and help further develop our aircraft subsystems. We are looking for a candidate who can collaborate well with a small team to develop unmanned aircraft products for military and commercial applications. The work is hands-on, fast-paced, fun, and rewarding.
Essential Responsibilities: This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
• Design, code, and implement software for embedded devices and systems on unmanned aircraft and test out those devices in flight test environments
• Write and test software to support the integration of sensors and processors into aircraft (such as autopilots, payloads, radios, or other functional components)
• Debug, troubleshoot, and isolate software issues
• Ability to read schematics and use standard debugging equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter
• Work closely with other engineering disciplines (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, QA)
• Participate in design and peer reviews for solutions and related code
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by adhering to good practices and habits of configuration control
• US Citizenship
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or related field is required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Proficient in:
o C/C++ in a real-time embedded environment
o Network programming and understanding of the IP protocol stack
o Understanding of RTOS functionality
o Read and understand hardware schematics
• Practical experience writing firmware/embedded code for a physical device
• Fundamental knowledge of low-level firmware
• Strong sense of ownership and drive in digging into complex problems
• Good team communication skills
• Systematic problem-solving approach
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Covid-19 Vaccination status of Fully Vaccinated
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
• This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
• Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security classification.
• Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Edge Autonomy. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Edge Autonomy will be required prior to starting employment with the company.
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of the time, walking, lifting, and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 20 lbs., 20+lbs. assisted by other employees as needed.
Standard working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with a one-hour lunch period.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remains our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking extra precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
What we Offer
At Edge Autonomy we care about all team members. We offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, additional paid sick time, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 4% company matching contribution.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.