FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Exempt Position, On Premises
*Required: Electronics Experience, U.S. Citizen, Education/Qualifications – see below
About the Position
Edge Autonomy of San Luis Obispo is seeking an Electronics Inspector to join our team. The Electronics Inspector should have experience with PCB and cable harness assemblies and be able to work with the team to ensure an outstanding final product.
Responsibilities: This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
• Perform inspections (in-process and final) on cable harness and Printed Circuit board assemblies and subassemblies (mechanical, electrical)
• Document production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and process as required
• Communicate and help resolve quality related issues
• Process non-conforming product
• Perform receiving and/or final inspection to assure product compliance with quality assurance standards and applicable specifications
• Read and interpret released drawings, engineering change orders, assembly and inspection instructions
• When directed perform audits of specific areas, processes and procedures
• Use standard electrical and mechanical inspection tools such as microscopes, calipers, mechanical gauges and other measuring devices
• Maintain records of rejected/accepted material, maintain databases for analysis of nonconformities
• Familiarity with calibration processes and documentation
• U.S. Citizenship
• Knowledge of ESD requirements and practices
• Associate degree or higher in Quality, Engineering, or 3 to 5 years related experience
• Knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, and processes
• Knowledge of avionics and electrical systems
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic inspection processes
• Strong knowledge and experience in aerospace standards and its general practices
• The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Preferred but Not Required
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
• This is an hourly position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Premium Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some conditions may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and in compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases):
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home. Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include a facial mask and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.