Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time Non-Exempt (Hourly) Position
40-hour work week on premises
Salary Range: $40k-50k Annually
An Electronics Technician is an integral part of our production team; they are responsible for building assemblies to the document specification, ensuring that all work and components meet rigorous quality standards. A successful electronics battery technician has a keen attention to detail and supports others in the shop and throughout the company, both technically and as teammates.
- Manufacturing and assembling batteries, cables and wire harnesses
- Testing and function checking battery assemblies
- Filling out travelers and documenting components’ progress through the shop
- Regular use of the following tools: soldering iron, wire cutter/stripper/crimper, screwdriver, hand drill/grinder/cutter, drill press, Windows PC, digital multi-meter, etc.
- Communicate, discuss and listen to challenges with management, teammates, etc.
- Experience with soldering and/or hand crimping
- Experience in a production setting
- Familiarity using a microscope
- The ability to read and follow schematics, drawings, procedures, etc.
- Computer (Windows PC) competency in word processing and spreadsheets
- Experience using a digital multimeter
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may have to comply with NOFORN security classification.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Therefore, edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed on a manufacturing floor. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to chemicals, dust, and dirt. There will be sitting and standing for extended lengths of time. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate manufacturing equipment, and build assemblies. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for infectious diseases includes a facial mask, respirator, safety glasses, and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA and FEHA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.