Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Full Time in Person Exempt Position
Relocation is available
Salary Range: $82-$125k Annually
Edge Autonomy of San Luis Obispo is seeking an Electrical/Electronics Engineer to join our team.
- Support the design, development, prototyping, testing, troubleshooting, and documentation of electrical systems for unmanned aircraft.
- Hands on development, test, and troubleshooting.
- Technical leader for engineering projects including PCB design, embedded systems, and wire harnesses.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering disciplines (mechanical, aerospace, software, QA)
- Establish repeatable manufacturing processes and inspection plans.
- Participate in design and peer reviews.
- Maintain high standards quality within the team by adhering to good practices and habits of configuration control.
- Process development and improvement.
- Perform inspections (in-process and final) on cable harness and Printed Circuit board assemblies and subassemblies (mechanical, electrical).
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a related field.
- Experience with the following:
- Creating and interpreting drawings, schematics, and other technical documents.
- Hands on testing and prototyping using common electrical tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, soldering iron, crimpers, etc.)
- Altium or similar PCB design software.
- Microsoft office products.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to present information to a group.
- Ability to generate detailed reports.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excels working independently and in teams.
- Experience with the following
- Electrical systems design, integration, and test.
- Microcontroller programming and testing.
- RF design and test.
- Schematic and PCB design, test, and troubleshooting.
- Part selection and sourcing.
- Power systems, motor control, batteries, sensors.
- Altium PCB design software.
- 3D CAD Software. Solidworks or similar.
- Wire harness design and fabrication.
- Integrating electrical, software, mechanical systems.
- Quality inspections and improvements.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Avionics and electrical systems
- UAV or RC Plane operation
- GSE systems and general associated equipment
- ESD requirements and practices
- Familiarity with the industrial specifications and requirements (ISO, MIL, ASME, IPC, etc.)
- Project management and leadership skills
- Certifications (or knowledge of them):
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may have to comply with NOFORN security classification.
This position may require access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). To comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify a US person’s status under the ITAR and the EAR.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Therefore, edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission, where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The candidate must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting and standing for extended lengths of time—frequent and prolonged periods looking at a computer screen. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds. PPE for production and PPE for infectious diseases includes a facial mask and protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.