San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
Edge Autonomy, headquartered in San Luis Obispo, California, is a leader in unmanned and autonomous systems technology and was established with the goal of developing the most advanced platforms and sensors in the unmanned systems market. The company brings a diverse ecosystem of unmanned platforms, EO/IR camera payloads, fuel cell power systems and unmatched global reach with manufacturing and flight test facilities that serve customers with innovation, speed and agility.
With a global employee base, including some of the world’s top unmanned systems engineers and payload sensor experts, Edge Autonomy helps customers positively impact Intelligence, Surveillance ad Reconnaissance (ISR) operations in innovative and cost-effective ways. Edge Autonomy benefits from its vertically integrated operations and global footprint, including more than 200,000 square feet of manufacturing facilities on two continents, with support offices in Bend, Oregon; Ann Arbor, Michigan; and Herndon, Virginia.
Edge Autonomy is seeking a Proposal Manager who possesses a deep knowledge and experience in leading, managing, and delivering compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer agreed upon timeframes in support of commercial and defense customers. The Proposal Manager will provide the leadership and support on a variety of business development assignments, ranging from highly strategic proposals to the smaller proposals and qualification statements. This individual will lead and manage all company whitepaper, request for information (RFI), and request for proposal (RFP) responses in order to support company growth. As a Proposal Manager, you’ll coordinate and provide direction to graphic designers, publishing technicians, editors, reprographics specialists, and other support staff, independently coordinate with and collect information from teaming partners and sub consultants.
- Manage the proposal team to the schedule, issue data calls, organize and prepare for the reviews, track version control, run daily meetings, and get the proposal ready for submission. Supervise, lead, and manage all proposal-related response activities through all phases to ensure the delivery of a professional and compliant response to win contracts.
- Works with Growth and Account staff to define & incorporate win strategies, themes, and discriminators.
- Ensure proposals are properly scoped, evaluate assumptions, identify risks, evaluate cost, and ensure responses meet requirements.
- Develop and execute efforts to enhance standard proposal libraries in support of organization-wide proposal development tools and template
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, business development, and other departments (e.g., subcontracts, pricing, contracts, etc.) to review information and assess the most efficient and effective plan
- Drive teams through all stages of proposal development including BOE and BOM activities, pricing, and submissions
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., AMU’s, Initial Draft, Red Team) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance and increase proposal success
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines
- Responsible for review of proposals for compliance with Government regulations and company best practices
- Reviewing, dissecting, and managing incoming customer / client solicitations (e.g., requests for proposals, white papers, rough orders of magnitude, statements of capabilities, etc.)
- Planning and coordinating efforts associated with responding to customer solicitations including proposals, from pre-solicitation to response submission (e.g., Q&As, questionnaires, etc.)
- Ability to deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer agreed upon timeframes
- Develop bid budgets and manage efforts within those estimates
- Document template management
- Driving subject matter experts to produce winning content
- Bachelor’s degree in an area with at least 6 years of proven experience in proposal management, including cradle to grave proposal leadership for both government and commercial client contracts OR a Master’s degree in related field with 4 years of related work experience as highlighted above.
- Knowledge and experience in capture and proposal processes (e.g., the Shipley Business Development Lifecycle) Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR).
- Experience with database and collaboration software, such as SharePoint, MS Project, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to operate in a demanding executive level environment.
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate at the executive level to provide program reviews and deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, escalations, as needed.
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to illustrate a clear understanding of RFPs/SOOs/SOWs.
- Demonstrated experience in the commercial and Government aerospace industry.
- Experience in unmanned systems technology is preferred.
- Direct supervisory experience of a team of 3 or more is preferred.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required but is not anticipated. Travel could exceed 10%. Passport required.
- This position is located out of our Herndon VA, office. A Hybrid work model arrangement will be considered for this position
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
- This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
- Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Edge Autonomy. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Edge Autonomy will be required prior to starting employment with the company.
What We Offer
At Edge Autonomy we care about all team members. We offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, additional paid sick time, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 4% company matching contribution.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
A Note On Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our countries, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include facial masks, protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.