San Luis Obsisbo, CA, USA
Edge Autonomy, headquartered in San Luis Obispo, California, is a leader in unmanned and autonomous systems technology and was established with the goal of developing the most advanced platforms and sensors in the unmanned systems market. The company brings a diverse ecosystem of unmanned platforms, EO/IR camera payloads, fuel cell power systems and unmatched global reach with manufacturing and flight test facilities that serve customers with innovation, speed and agility.
With a global employee base, including some of the world’s top unmanned systems engineers and payload sensor experts, Edge Autonomy helps customers positively impact Intelligence, Surveillance ad Reconnaissance (ISR) operations in innovative and cost-effective ways. Edge Autonomy benefits from its vertically integrated operations and global footprint, including more than 200,000 square feet of manufacturing facilities on two continents, with support offices in Bend, Oregon; Ann Arbor, Michigan; and Herndon, Virginia. Learn more about Edge Autonomy at www.edgeautonomy.io.
About the Position
Procurement specialists are responsible for the day to day purchasing activity of the company based on production orders. They are responsible for working with supply chain management to communicate shortages, delays, and component obsolescence. The specialist is expected to utilize cost comparison tools, communicate and negotiate with vendors, and improve the purchasing process as time permits.
The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Report to supply chain management
- Purchase materials and supplies to meet company objectives
- Prioritize purchasing based on lead time, prioritize expedited assembly/build to meet schedule
- Review engineering/costed BOMs to ensure the purchasing information is up to date
- Purchase shop supplies needed per department on a weekly basis
- Work with engineering and production for purchasing/productionizing prototype BOMs
- Communicate with management as shorts, delays, or component obsolescence surface
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure compliance for billing and taxation
- Generally scheduled for 40 hours/week; additional hours may be required to support development or production goals
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business/Operations or related background is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of SCM or procurement experience
- Minimum of 4 years of purchasing or supervising experience in a production manufacturing setting
- Communication skills, willing to work with others
- Experience with MS office, ERP system, QuickBooks
- Covid-19 Vaccination status of Fully Vaccinated
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
- This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants must comply with NOFORN security classification.
- Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Edge Autonomy. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Edge Autonomy will be required prior to starting employment with the company.
What We Offer
At Edge Autonomy we care about all team members. We offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, additional paid sick time, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 4% company matching contribution.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Edge Autonomy, we strive to empower every team member to innovate, ideate and communicate, cultivating a culture around curiosity and learning. Because we are committed to quality, Edge Autonomy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable. We celebrate and crave diversity because we realize different perspectives and experiences make us stronger and pave the runway for our future.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases):
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remains our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes, close vision, distant vision, computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases include facial mask, protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Don’t see a role for you?
If you think that your talents could benefit our team, but no open position fits your needs, please email your resume to Jobs@EdgeAutonomy.io or mail it to:
Edge Autonomy, Inc.
831 Buckley Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401