San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
Edge Autonomy, headquartered in San Luis Obispo, California, is a leader in unmanned and autonomous systems technology and was established with the goal of developing the most advanced platforms and sensors in the unmanned systems market.
The company brings a diverse ecosystem of unmanned platforms, EO/IR camera payloads, fuel cell power systems and unmatched global reach with manufacturing and flight test facilities that serve customers with innovation, speed and agility.
With a global employee base, including some of the world’s top unmanned systems engineers and payload sensor experts, Edge Autonomy helps customers positively impact Intelligence, Surveillance ad Reconnaissance (ISR) operations in innovative and cost-effective ways.
Edge Autonomy benefits from its vertically integrated operations and global footprint, including more than 200,000 square feet of manufacturing facilities on two continents, with support offices in Bend, Oregon; Ann Arbor, Michigan; and Herndon, Virginia.
In Composites Fabrication, the CNC Technician performs 3D printing, machining, assembly, balancing, and testing of composites fabrication parts to ensure that JAI production needs are met. A CNC technician with extensive experience may be asked to participate in improving new tooling, parts, and processes.
Duties and/or Responsibilities
- Follow verbal and written instructions to configure and manufacture components
- Work on CNC Machines, 3D printers, foam cutting room, Eastman kitting station and blade balancing room
- Operate CNC machinery to fabricate parts
- Balance propeller blades for the production team
- Prioritize work to consistently meet part demand
- Load and unload raw materials and equipment
- Set up and calibrate accessories and equipment
- Perform necessary maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Supervise machines as they run and adjust as needed
- Inspect finished product to ensure it meets required specifications
- Report progress and challenges to the fabrication supervisor or CNC operations lead
- Assist engineering and other production staff in resolving issues related to equipment and processes as required
- Filling out travelers and documenting components’ progress through the shop
- Ability to comply with safety guidelines
- Following all office procedures, including tracking hours and cleaning up workspaces
- Support miscellaneous production, design, maintenance, and facilities activities as needed
- Generally scheduled for 40 hours/week. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals
- Experience with composites, resins, adhesives, coatings, measurement tools, CNC operation, math, forklift
- Familiarity with Personal Protective Equipment
- Basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM software
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- The ability to follow verbal and written procedures, good communication skills
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and listen to others
- Keeps quality in mind, attention to detail
- Able to work cooperatively on a team
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
- This is an hourly position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
- Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Edge Autonomy. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Edge Autonomy will be required prior to starting employment with the company.
What We Offer
At Edge Autonomy we care about all team members. We offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, additional paid sick time, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 4% company matching contribution.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
A Note On Our Response to COVID-19 (and Contagious Diseases)
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments to delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remain our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or new variance outbreaks. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you’ve gained while serving our countries, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings. This position is primarily housed in a temperature-controlled office. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. Frequent and prolonged periods of time looking at a computer screen. Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, and bending during each workday. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Usage of copier machines, printer machines, and machines designated to engineering practices. Carrying up to 50 pounds. PPE for production, as well as PPE for Covid and infectious diseases, include facial masks, protective gloves as necessary. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Don’t see a role for you?
If you think that your talents could benefit our team, but no open position fits your needs, please email your resume to Jobs@EdgeAutonomy.io or mail it to:
Edge Autonomy, Inc.
831 Buckley Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401