Work Location: San Luis Obispo, San Diego, Bend, Herndon, Huntsville, Riga or Possibly Remote
Compensation: Competitive, DOE
Full-Time Exempt Position
About the Position
Edge Autonomy is seeking an experienced autopilot software engineer to expand the capabilities of our current autopilot code to address emerging needs of guidance, navigation, and control of unmanned air systems. You will be building the next-generation autopilot system to enable advanced autonomous flight behaviors in challenging environments and conditions. Your code will be immediately fielded onto existing fixed wing and Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft.
• Expand the capabilities of Edge Autonomy’s autopilot/flight control system.
• Apply your fundamental and profound knowledge in flight dynamics for fixed wing and vertical takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft
• Design and implement Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) algorithms to expand the autonomous flight behavior of Edge Autonomy aircraft and maximize flight safety in a variety of environments and flight conditions.
• Refine the Edge Autonomy System Integration Lab (SIL) and Hardware Integration Lab (HIL) to enable rapid test and validation of code updates
• Debug, troubleshoot, and isolate software issues
• Experience writing autopilot code for fixed-wing, rotary wing, or VTOL aircraft
• Knowledge of classical control theory
• Understanding of UAS architectures and subsystems
• Understanding of flight-critical software requirements
• Programming skills: C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, Control System Tool Box
• Practical experience writing firmware/embedded code for a physical device
• Strong sense of ownership and drive in digging into complex problems
• Experience building a System Integration Lab (SIL) or Hardware Integration Lab (HIL)
• Experience supporting flight test
• Knowledge of Modern control theory
• Ability to read schematics and use standard debugging equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter
• If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the Offer of Employment is contingent on the results.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
• Premium Medical Insurance, including vision coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time