Work Location: San Luis Obispo, San Diego, Bend, Herndon, Huntsville, Riga or Possibly Remote
Full-Time Exempt Position
California Salary Range: $90,000 – $230,000 DOE
Edge Autonomy is seeking an experienced autopilot software engineer to expand the capabilities of our current autopilot code to address emerging needs of guidance, navigation, and control of unmanned air systems. You will be building the next-generation autopilot system to enable advanced autonomous flight behaviors in challenging environments and conditions. Your code will be immediately fielded onto existing fixed wing and Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft.
- Expand the capabilities of Edge Autonomy’s autopilot/flight control system.
- Apply your fundamental and profound knowledge in flight dynamics for fixed wing and vertical takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft
- Design and implement Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) algorithms to expand the autonomous flight behavior of Edge Autonomy aircraft and maximize flight safety in a variety of environments and flight conditions.
- Refine the Edge Autonomy System Integration Lab (SIL) and Hardware Integration Lab (HIL) to enable rapid test and validation of code updates
- Debug, troubleshoot, and isolate software issues
- Experience writing autopilot code for fixed-wing, rotary wing, or VTOL aircraft
- Knowledge of classical control theory
- Understanding of UAS architectures and subsystems
- Understanding of flight-critical software requirements
- Programming skills: C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, Control System Tool Box
- Practical experience writing firmware/embedded code for a physical device
- Strong sense of ownership and drive in digging into complex problems
- Experience building a System Integration Lab (SIL) or Hardware Integration Lab (HIL)
- Experience supporting flight test
- Knowledge of Modern control theory
- Ability to read schematics and use standard debugging equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter
- If an offer of employment offer is extended, candidate must have the ability to pass a background check and may need to have the ability to be insured by the Company’s Auto-policy. Offer of Employment is contingent upon the results.
- Based on our work requirements, applicants may have to comply with NOFORN security classification.
Edge Autonomy Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Continued employment remains on an “At-Will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. Edge Autonomy seeks skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to work at Edge Autonomy. Edge Autonomy supports our military and will compensate up to 80 hours of reservist/active duty for our employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties, the candidate is frequently exposed to computer terminals, sitting, and standing for long lengths of time. The vision requirement includes close vision, distant vision, and computer vision. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. These ADA requirements are not inclusive of the performed and responsibilities to be held by the candidate.